Skip to main content

Celebrity quote of the Day


      Jay Z performed at the new Barclay Center on 29th September  as  the first of the 8 sold out shows that will take place at the new home of The Brooklyn Nets . During the set Jay stopped the music to have a little chat with his audience
           “ You don’t mind if I take my time ? I’m overwhelmed  with the moment . I came from the Marcy projects  which is about 15 minutes that way. And I grew up a little bit and got me a spot on the state street which is outside this window right  here . Then I built me a club  right over  here and it’s the 40/40 club . So I’m overwhelmed at this whole sh*t. I cant believe this day has come . I’m going to tell you some real sh*t. I think  every single  person  is born with genius level talent. You just have to find out what  it is that you are a genius at . I don’t  believe that God would take one  person and say “you ! you’re special . I believe every single person is special. I believe every single person has a genius level talent. Once you find out what it is  that you are talented at , that’s not the end of it. Once you find out your genius level talent  , you apply yourself in such a way that you do amazing sh*t. I’m a living testimony of that . I am no muthaf*cking different than anybody in here tonight and I’m standing on this stage  as living proof  that if you apply yourself to what it is  that you are a genius  at , you can do anything in the world.
       Reason why I’m blogging this is mainly because for whatever reason black people especially tend to engage I senseless speculations  when another  black person becomes successful at what they do. In Hollywood for example almost every successful black celebrity is associated with a cult group or another . There could be some truth to this theories , then again are we to believe that there is no way on earth that a person can become successful through hardwork ?       
             Jay Z for example is mentioned whenever  there is the mention of celebrities being part of the illuminati or Freemason ( not interested in whether its true or not) . I’m NOT defending him but this is someone who grew up on the streets selling drugs and then moved on to being a hip pop superstar , making  investments , building companies from the scratch and recently dining with the most powerful man on planet earth. 

                            


           Take Ghanaian artist Sakordie who won the BET award for the best African artiste recently , I was Youtube  searching for a video when I came across a video that was supposed to prov e that he is a member of the cult group , the Illuminati. I was really angry and didn’t waste my time to watch the video, I kind of “ grew” with Sakordie . There was a show on Adom FM called “ kasahare level “ where guys who believed they had talent came to struct their musical prowess. Sarkodie wasn’t as good as he is now  but he made an effort to better  himself under the guidance of the program host Dr.Duncan.    He ‘ murdered’ (defeated ) guys who he came against all the time , that’s the period when his fanbase started building up. Where was this idiot when Sakordie was working hard only for him to pop when he (Sakordie) is successful and make a video about him being part of the Illuminati.  He was eventually signed to Dunwills Entertainment owned by Dr.Duncan after he proved himself.  So whilst the idiot( excuse my French) was working on the video , Sarkodie is likely to be in the studio producing hits or rehearsing for a show, which of these two two is likely to be successful ? Sakordie realised what his talent was and worked hard at being great. 


                                 Sakordie with celebrity reporter and blogger Makho Ndlovu


       My concluding words ? kindly refer to the highlighted text.


Twitter handle Ghameli
  

Comments